IABC Belgium is part of the International Association of Business Communicators – an international organisation with chapters around the world. IABC links 10,000 professionals who practice business communications as a career. Founded in 1986, IABC Belgium is one of the oldest international chapters of this dynamic organisation.
Our aim is to help members coming from a range of sectors and organisations to become the best communication practitioners out there. We do this by connecting, collaborating, sharing knowledge and ideas, and inspiring each other to achieve new heights in the communication arena.
In today’s fast-paced digital age, we strive to give communication professionals access to the newest and most relevant insights that will help them stay on the forefront. To ensure this we provide networking and learning opportunities for our members. We organize a range of events throughout the year: workshops, presentations showcasing best communication practices from around the globe, networking events, career mentoring sessions, you name it.
IABC Belgium offers its members the opportunity to join a global network and to connect with like-minded professionals both at a local and international level.
Our mission is to strive to achieve and maintain the highest professional standards of quality and innovation in organisational communication practices.
Who our members are
- Our members are communications professionals from international organisations, European and international public institutions, as well as independent consultants, business owners and freelancers.
- Seniority and expertise varies, but most of our members have more than five years of work experience and some have as much as 40 years. Another 300 non-member active communicators are regularly invited to our events.
- Representing a 17 nationalities, more than 80% of our members speak three or more languages.
- For more membership-related information, visit the global IABC membership.
We are member-driven, focused on creating opportunities, facilitating connections and developing communications professionals. Our aim is to become the organisation of choice for communications professionals working in an international environment in Belgium.
What we do
Our events calendar is at the centre of our services. We hold 8 to 10 events each year, providing our members with valuable opportunities to learn, network and share information and experience. Events vary in content, format and level, and include:
- Practitioner Series – Professionals from a variety of disciplines share their experience and knowledge.
- Training – Facilitated by experts in different communications disciplines and by peers of our local or international membership network. Ideal for developing junior members of staff. Featured professional development topics include: corporate, internal and external communications, storytelling, social media, leadership, brand building, personal branding, crisis communications, mobile technology, content strategy, employee engagement, measurement, coaching, CSR, content marketing, change management, project management.
- Special interest groups – Tailored for people from within a specific discipline, industry or type of organisation to discuss best practices and trends.
- Networking Drinks – IABC Summer and Christmas drinks, where we get together informally to network, introduce and welcome newcomers to the Belgian chapter as well as to provide an update on our yearly activities, and brainstorm ideas for future events.
- Mentoring with University students and fresh-graduates – Partnering up with other BL-based academic or industry organisations to co-organise events where IABC ambassadors can share their experiences as professionals and/or as IABC members.
We are open to hearing suggestions on how to improve and deliver top-notch content to our local community of international communicators so if there’s a particular topic you are interested in, or if you’d like to suggest a theme for our next event, please contact us.
We are also involved in events hosted by our international and regional partners or by the EMENA Board:
- The Leadership Institute – a leadership development and strategic planning session for IABC chapter and region leaders. It takes place in a different country each year; we are pleased to be hosting the September 2016 event in Brussels.
- EuroComm – previously a bi-annual event organised by the IABC EMENA Board, EuroComm is now an annual communications conference. In 2017, it will take place in the dynamic and changing capital city London.
- IABC World Conference – is organised by IABC International. This gala event features acclaimed speakers and presenters from around the world and takes place around June every year.
Furthermore, together with our partners, IABC hosts a number of webinars and topical webcasts, in addition to the accreditation programmes, professional trainings and our online CW magazine.
To see all the products and services to which you could have access as an IABC member, click here.
Want to join?