The winner of the 2009 EME Excel Award for Communication Leadership is Mark Price, Managing Director, Waitrose (UK).
The standard was, as usual, very high and three other entrants were given Merit Awards to recognise their achievements in communication leadership.
– Dejan Turk, CEO, SiMobil, (SI)
– Professor Arne Strup, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen (DK)
– Paul Patterson, Managing Director and Head, RBC Wealth Management, British Isles (UK)
The judges were unaninmous in their choice of Mark Price as outright winner. Among many things that impressed them were the:
- Blog, Not So Chubby
- Media Profile
- Weekly column in the internal company magazine
- Quarterly video to all employees
- ‘Ask Mark’ page on Waitrose’s intranet
IABC EME wish to congratulate all the winners and thank those members who took the time to nominate their colleagues.