Word of mouth has been the best marketing tool available to IABC. A sizeable majority of our members join because a respected colleague recommended IABC membership. To that end, we’re bringing back the popular Member-Get-A-Member promotion. If you recruit new professional members, you will get three free months of membership for each new member you bring in…up to a full year at no charge (complete rules below). The promotion will begin on 1 August 2012 and run through the end of the month, Pacific time.
Just four rules:
- The new member must identify you in one of the following ways:
- For mailed, faxed and online enrollments: Write the referring member’s first and last name and chapter (or region if he or she is a member-at-large) on the application form
- For phoned enrollments: Mention the referring member’s first and last name and chapter (or region if he or she is a member-at-large)
In other words, your name must be provided at the same time the check or credit card number is received to be eligible. We cannot apply credit if your name isn’t mentioned, so please be sure it is. We want everyone to benefit from their efforts.
- The new member must not have been an IABC member since April 1, 2012.
- The limit for this promotion is four members, which would provide you with a full year of membership at no charge. If you are a member who already has lifetime membership (e.g., 500 Club members), you can donate your free months to the member of your choice, even the member you referred.
- The new member must be a professional member (not a student member), although recruiting members can be any type.