I’m super excited about the Europe, Middle East and North Africa Leadership Institute coming up in Amsterdam next week.
Now before attending any event I try and do a little bit of prep to make sure I can add maximum value. As the old saying goes, you get out what you put in, and being well briefed helps with that.
I thought I’d share my knowledge packing list in case it is useful for any other IABC leaders making the journey to the beautiful central library in Amsterdam this coming Monday.
Travelling light? Here’s what I’ve got in my carry-on – the three most recent newsletters from IABC:
- CW Observer – the weekly round-up of the latest from Communication World
- IABC Weekly Digest – goes to all members, lists all the global social channels, regional conferences and much more…
- IABC Leader Letter – goes to IABC leaders monthly and has the latest on leader events, membership month etc.
In for the long-haul? Here’s are three things I’ve also packed for in-depth reading and reference:
- IABC Leader Centre – your one-stop resource for: good practice | leader events | CMA – including winning work plans
- The IABC One Pager on the Global Standard and the Career Roadmap (PDF)
- The road the strategy we’re embarking on – #IABC1417 – including the latest on the IABC brand task force etc.
Want something social for checking on the phone whilst in the check-in queue?
- #CommChat – the weekly IABC global good practice exchange
- #EMENALI – that’s the hashtag for the Leadership Institute in Amsterdam – pitch in!
Like any good communicator you’d also expect me to check that I’ve got my key messaging right. Here’s the IABC 2014-17 strategy in a paragraph:
“Financial recovery and sustainability is primary, as is the loyalty and development of our members and leaders and consolidating gains from the 2011-14 strategy. Increased reputation in the profession; better brand positioning; and greater interaction with business – as a revenue generator are then the big opportunity to be grasped”.
P.S. Never been to an EMENALI? Check out last year’s as an espresso here: