A number of IABC Europe, Middle East and North Africa leaders are heading to #IABCLI in Orlando next week. Michael Nord, for one, is taking time out from #EuroComm-prep for this. I’ll also be heading there.
Now before attending any event I try and do a little bit of prep to make sure I can add maximum value. As the old saying goes: you get out what you put in, and being well briefed helps with that.
I thought I’d share my knowledge packing list in case it is useful for any other IABC leaders prepping for a meeting with other leaders, whether next week in Orlando – or in fact anytime…
Travelling light? Here’s what I’ve got in my carry-on – the three most recent newsletters from IABC:
- CW Observer – the weekly round-up of the latest from Communication World and IABC Weekly Digest – goes to all members, lists all the global social channels, regional conferences and much more… here’s the archive for both newsletters.
- IABC Leader Letter – goes to IABC leaders monthly and has the latest on leader events, membership month etc.
In for the long-haul? Here are a few things I’ve also packed for in-depth reading and reference:
- IABC Leader Centre – your one-stop resource for good practice | leader events | CMA – including winning work plans.
- The most recent quarterly update from the Chair.
- The road the strategy we’re on – #IABC1417 – including the latest on the IABC brand task force etc.
Want something social for checking on the phone whilst in the check-in queue?
- #IABCLI – for the event backchannel
- #IABCieb – for the latest from the International Board
- #IABCcor – for the latest from the Council of Regions
Like any good communicator, you’d also expect me to check that I’ve got my key messaging right. Here’s the IABC 2014-17 strategy in a paragraph:
“Financial recovery and sustainability is primary, as is the loyalty and development of our members and leaders and consolidating gains from the 2011-14 strategy. Increased reputation in the profession; better brand positioning; and greater interaction with business – as a revenue generator are then the big opportunity to be grasped”.
There’s plenty for us to grapple with – and I can’t wait to get there. Looks like an amazing programme.
Hope to see you in Orlando!