Congratulations to all the 2016 Gold Quill winners from the EMENA Region!
We had a total of 16 winners; seven Excellence Awards and 9 Merit Awards. It’s a real testament to the calibre of the Communications throughout our region, and a lot of hard work goes into all these entries – never mind the original project! Below is the list of regional winners:
- Internal Communication: “HSBC NOW Share: Our People, Our Story” – HSBC, UK
- Corporate Social Responsibility: “Football for Friendship” – AGT Communications Group, Russia
- Social Media Programs: “Official Photographer LEGO Russia 2015” – Pro-Vision, Russia
- Government Communications Programs: “The All-Russian Savings Week 2015: Come. Learn. Save.” – SPN Communications, Russia
- Special Events: “GO Show. The Most Modern 3D Show” – SPN Communications, Russia
- Digital Communication: “Arctic Time – online project of the Institute of Regional Problems” – CROS, Russia
- Audio/Visual: “GO Show. The Most Modern 3D Show” – SPN Communications, Russia
- Safety Communication: “Global Safety Day 2015” – Anglo American, UK
- Community Relations: “The Journey to 2017” – European Capital of Culture Aarhus 2017, Denmark
- Communication Research: “Real Time PR” – PR News Partners, Russia
- Special Events: “The All-Russian Savings Week 2015: Come. Learn. Save.” – The Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation with SPN Communications, Russia
- Special Events: “KFC Youth Minifootball Cup 2015” – SPN Communications, Russia
- Digital Communication: “HSBC NOW Share: Our People, Our Story” – HSBC, UK
- Audio/Visual: “Official Photographer LEGO Russia 2015” – Pro-Vision, Russia
- Publications: “The Globe” – Barclaycard, UK
- Publications: “The Monday Mail” – Amdocs, Israel
In total, IABC has recognised 223 entries as world class, with 85 Excellence Awards and 138 Merit Awards announced. Winners come from all parts of the world, with 12 countries in the winners list. They represent a cross-section of public and private sector organisations, both large and small.
“The Gold Quill Awards are unique in the industry because they recognise work that makes a significant contribution to business or organisational outcomes,” says Monika Lancucki, ABC, Chair of the IABC Awards Committee. “Also, unlike many other awards programs, evaluators review each entry against IABC’s standard of excellence rather than against other entries. This encourages the pursuit of excellence rather than competition.”
Evaluators particularly look for entries where communicators are able to demonstrate the impact their work had on business goals and are innovative and unique.
“The winning work in this year’s program demonstrates these traits and truly reflects a world class standard. It is the pinnacle of achievement in communication,” says Monika. “It’s not just about the latest technology or the creativity of campaign materials, but the impact the work has on the business need. Gold Quill winners are communication practitioners who are living testament to IABC’s mission, that communication can be a force for good in business and society. They deliver strategic impact for their organisations and clients, taking communication to the next level.”
For a full list of all the global winners visit gq.iabc.com