We are so proud of the outstanding work that our chapters have done throughout the past year. Your chapter works hard each year to provide professional development and additional opportunities to professional communicators. We hope you will consider showcasing your chapter’s efforts by entering the 2018 Chapter Management Awards (CMAs).
Submit your entries and let us recognize your efforts at the 2018 Leadership Institute. There are categories that highlight various aspects of chapter management. This year, the Web Management and Communication Management categories have been combined, allowing chapters to focus on how they reach their members using all methods of communication. In total, there are 10 CMA categories:
Strategic Planning (new category to highlight your overall strategic plan)
- Membership Marketing
- Professional Development
- Financial Management
- Leadership Development
- Communication Management
- Student Involvement
- Community Involvement
- Event Management
Chapters are eligible to submit entries for all categories but must submit the minimum number of entries required to be eligible for “Chapter of the Year”.
- Small chapters (15–75 members) are required to submit a minimum of two CMA entries.
- Medium chapters (76–200 members) must submit three entries.
- Large chapters (201+) are required to submit a minimum of four entries.
The chapters in each size category that meets the minimum requirements and has the highest overall total of winning CMA entries will be honored as the Chapter of the Year for that size category. The chapter with the highest overall total of all of their winning CMA entries will be considered the International Chapter of the Year. So, the more categories you enter, the higher your chances of winning Chapter of the Year.
Chapters that submit CMA entries are eligible for the following:
- All Merit Award winners (entries scored between 5.25 and 5.749 out of 7) receive a commemorative award.
- Excellence Award winners (entries scored between 5.75 and 7 out of 7) receive a commemorative award and one 10 percent discount for one registration to the 2018 World Conference.
- The chapter of the year for small, medium and large chapters will receive a commemorative award and (new this year) a US$200 stipend to be applied toward a future chapter event or program.
- The International Chapter of the Year will receive a commemorative award and one free registration to the 2018 IABC World Conference in Montréal.
You can learn more about the CMAs in the 2018 CMA Manual, which will walk you through the process in detail and will provide information on what judges are looking for in each category. Additional resources can be found on Leader Centre, including past winning entries.
Resources and tips from CMA winning chapters:
- Tips from IABC Kansas City: 2016 International Chapter of the Year
- Tips from a winning chapter
- Build your chapter through the CMAs
Don’t forget to nominate a Leader of the Year!
Do you know a chapter or region leader who goes above and beyond for IABC? Show your appreciation by nominating them as Chapter Leader of the Year or Region Leader of the Year. Be sure to include specific examples that reflect their outstanding leadership. Nominations are due by 11:59 p.m. PST on 15 December.
You can enter online using our new online system, Judgify.
All winners will be recognized during the CMA ceremony that will take place on 8 February 2018 at the Leadership Institute in San Diego, California.
Be sure to submit all entries by the deadline of 6 December at 11:59 p.m. PST. This is a great opportunity to showcase what your chapter has done throughout the past year and share your winning strategies with other leaders. Please contact [email protected] with any questions.
We look forward to celebrating with you in San Diego! Good luck!