Want to be part of a growing international network of passionate communicators? Looking for some board or volunteering experience? Willing to give a little something back to the profession? Want to expand your professional network? Have a passion for strategic communication? Got some spare time on your hands? If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions, think about stepping up to an IABC regional leadership role!
We are now accepting applications and nominations for our 2017-2018 IABC EMENA Region Board of Directors. Board members get involved in all aspects of IABC work, from liaising with chapters and organising leader and member events, to specific projects that help advance the aims of the region.
Term lengths vary from one to three years, depending on the position. Available positions include:
- Vice Chair (three-year term; succeeds to Region Chair, then Past Chair)
- Secretary / Treasurer
- Communications Director
- Sponsorship and Marketing Director
- Professional Development Director
There are numerous benefits of being an IABC leader:
- Grow your professional network
- Develop your leadership skills
- Build your personal profile
- Gain international connections and opportunities
- Contribute to the advancement of IABC in your region
- Help promote the global communication profession
The application process
Individuals may be nominated by a peer, or they may submit an application themselves. Previous leadership experience at IABC chapter level is encouraged, but not required. You will need to be able to commit to volunteering at least two hours a week.You must be a current, paid-up member of IABC in good standing.
If you are interested in a position on the regional board, please review the nomination document below for more information – it outlines the timeline and appointment process, and describes board roles and responsibilities.
Ready to step up?
- Download and read the information pack carefully, then
- Complete the application form and attach it in an email to [email protected]
The deadline is midnight CET on 18 May 2018.
If you have questions please contact Nominations Committee Chair Nikki Edwards via [email protected]