This is formal notice to all our members of the 2018 IABC EMENA Region Annual General Meeting, which will take place on Friday, June 29 at 5pm GMT (6pm CET). It is our hope that you will attend this virtual meeting. It will give you, as an IABC member, a chance to hear what we achieved in our region this past year.
2018-19 Region Board elections
During our AGM we will also ratify our new EMENA region board for 2018-19 (see below). This is the team that supports your local chapter leadership, looks after you directly if you’re a member-at-large, makes sure the region is represented internationally – and brings you EuroComm and the regional Leadership Institute each year.
I am delighted to announce that the following people are nominated to serve on the 2018-19 EMENA board:
- Mike Klein (Netherlands) – Chair (automatic succession)
- Alex Malouf (Gulf) – Past Chair (automatic succession)
- Dani Buijtenhek (Netherlands) – Director (1 year)
- Emma Hanley (Ireland) – Sponsorship & Marketing Director (2 years)
- Alba Perez Grandi (Member-at-Large) – Director (1 year)
- Muriel Pineau (Gulf) – Director (2 years)
- Maysoun Ramadan (Gulf) – Sponsorship & Marketing Director (2 years)
- Willem de Ruijter (Netherlands) – Director (1 year)
- Jasna Suhadolc (Slovenia) – Key Programmes Director (1 year)
- Vija Valentukonyte(Member-at-Large) – Membership Director (1 year)
- Gloria Walker (UK) – Professional Development Director (1 year)
If you consent to this slate, then you do not need to take any action. However, if you would like to voice a concern or make a comment, there are two ways you can do this:
1 – If you belong to a chapter you should contact your chapter president
2 – For members-at-large, please contact the EMENA board nominations committee via [email protected]
All comments are due by noon CET on 22 June. We will announce the approval or review of this slate at the AGM. This voting procedure is consistent with our region bylaws and the process used by IABC globally.