Are you based in the Gulf region, work in communications and want to give back to the industry through a leadership role in an association that is dedicated to furthering our profession, developing the next generation of communicators, and promoting ethics and good corporate governance?
If the answer is yes, apply to stand for a role on the GCC Chapter board of directors.
Board members get involved in all aspects of IABC work from membership outreach to chapter governance to specific projects that help advance the aims of the IABC.
Term lengths are one year. Available positions include:
- Membership Vice President
- Professional Development Vice President
- Marketing Vice President
- Communications Vice President
- Finance Vice President
Full descriptions of the roles can be downloaded here.
There are numerous benefits of being an IABC leader:
- Grow your professional network
- Develop your leadership skills
- Build your personal profile
- Gain international connections and opportunities
- Contribute to the advancement of IABC in your region
- Help promote the global communication profession
The application process
Individuals may be nominated by a peer, or they may submit an application themselves. Previous leadership experience at IABC chapter level is encouraged, but not required.
If you are interested in a position on the chapter board:
1) Review the nomination and roles descriptions for more information.
The deadline is midnight AST on 12 November 2018.
If you have questions please email [email protected].