- This event has passed.
EME Leadership Institute 2011
23 October 2011 | 18:00 - 24 October 2011 | 17:00 BST
Make a difference!
The European Year of Volunteering is a critical-mass moment for Europe’s leading communicators to look at a set of key challenges affecting organisations, society and individuals working in comms:
- ‘Here comes everybody’ – Are volunteers transforming communication?
- ‘Citizen Journalist’ – Opportunity or Threat?
- ‘Professional volunteering’ – An oxymoron?
- ‘Age of austerity’ – What resources do you need to make volunteering work?
We can help you grapple with all of the above – Come to Copenhagen on October 24th and network with, debate, share and learn from some of Europe & the Middle East’s leading communication practitioners. We can guarantee that it’ll broaden your outlook, grow your network and bring new opportunities – and perhaps most importantly, enable you to go out and make a real difference!
- 09:30 Setting out the challenges / navigating the day
- 10:00 Collaboration 101 and speed networking
- 10:20 25.000 volunteers, one communicator…
- Christina Bilde, Roskilde Festival
- 11:00 Coffee & Q&A with the keynote speaker
- 11:30 Citizen journalism: opportunity or threat?
- 12:00 Confessions of a volunteer addict
- 12:30 Culture of volunteering – facilitated roundtable lunch
- 13:30 Welcome back: Reflections + the view from overseas
- Kerby Meyers, Vice-Chair, IABC International Executive Board
- 14:00 Best practice exchange
- 15:00 Caffeinated speed networking
- 15:30 Effective partnership working – Open space problem solving
- 16:00 Making a difference Margolis wheel
- 16:45 Closing thoughts
- 17:00 – Networking & cocktails
25 IABC and communication leaders from across Europe & Middle East including (listed by first name):
- Anna Zgadzah – VP Events, IABC France
- Catherine Quoyeser – President, IABC Scandinavia (and EMELI host)
- Christina Bilde – Communications Manager, Roskilde Festival
- Evgenia Starkova – Board member, IABC Netherlands
- Gerry Murray – Vice-chair, IABC Europe & Middle East
- Jane Mitchell – President, IABC UK
- Jenny Hoefliger – IABC Spain
- Justyna Piesiewicz – President, IABC Poland
- Karin Sloth – Immediate Past President, IABC Scandinavia (and EMELI host)
- Katarzyna Kosior – IABC Scandinavia
- Kerby Meyers – Vice-Chair, IABC International Executive Board
- Laouise O’Murchu – President, IABC Ireland / Member, IABC Research Foundation Board
- Larisa Tatge – Board member, IABC Spain
- Lars Elmsted – Chair, K-Group, Danish Union of Journalists
- Lisbeth Eckhardt-Hansen – Head of Development, Dansk Kommunikationsforening
- Michael Ambjorn – Chair, IABC Europe & Middle East
- Michiel Gaasterland – Board member, IABC Netherlands
- Mogens Blicher Bjerregaard – President, Danish Union of Journalists
- Neil Griffiths – Director of Professional Development, IABC Europe & Middle East
- Phil Weiss – Director of Communications, IABC Europe & Middle East
- Steve Seager – President, IABC Netherlands
- Timme Bisgaard – kommunikationsforum.dk