- This event has passed.
EMENA Leadership Institute 2014
2 November 2014 | 08:00 - 3 November 2014 | 17:00 CET
Every year, the IABC EMENA regional board and Chapter leaders get together for an extended regional leadership meeting to discuss and align on purpose and priorities for the coming year, as well as to share leadership insights. It’s called the EMENA Leadership Institute.
This year’s Leadership Institute is hosted by our Dutch Chapter and will be held on 2-3 November at the Openbare Bibliotheek Amsterdam — the Amsterdam public library.
As ever, we have a keen focus to ensure that we remain an inspiration to help communication professionals deliver the best possible results to their organisations and clients. This year’s Leadership Institute has three objectives:
– To discuss membership strategy: Our members are at the heart of everything we do. The leadership team will discuss membership strategy to explore how we continue to best serve our members.
– To create alignment: IABC is one of the world’s leading professional associations for communicators. As you are aware, leaders of IABC in regions and chapters are elected, and are performing their roles following protocols and succession plans to ensure fresh thoughts and continued high energy in driving the association forward. We will be focusing on creating alignment around a common approach to make this happen.
– To offer insight: Being part of IABC is about networking and exchanging views with peers from all over EMENA. We are delighted to be joined by Lucas Vos, CEO of FloraHolland (one of the world’s leading flower distributors) and former executive of shipping giant; Maersk Line. Lucas will kick off the Leadership Institute by sharing his view on business communication, when and how it is valuable, and what role he believes communication should play in business. We guarantee a candid perspective from the boardroom to inspire your leadership discussions.
Sunday, 2 November
- 16:00 — 18:00: Networking on a boat! With EMENA Leadership, followed by dinner 19:00.
Monday, 3 November
- 08:30 — 09:00: Registration and welcome.
- 09:00 — 09:45: How Communication Matters. View from the boardroom by Lucas Vos, CEO FloraHolland followed by a Q&A.
- 09:45 – 10:30: The future role of Communications. What are the trends for in-house teams, where is the portfolio going, what should the function be measured on? With Ezri Carlebach and Klavs Valskov.
- 10:50 – 11:15: State of IABC EMENA. Overview of chapters, membership status, general development over recent years with Michael Nord.
- 11:15 – 12:00: How do we deliver value? The IABC value proposition and our position in the market place. Update on current global initiatives incl. what is expected of region and chapters with Steve Seager, Michael Nord, Michael Ambjörn.
- 13:30 – 14:00: Region/Chapter collaboration. Region vs. chapter role. 2014/15 priorities. How to work together. With Michael Ambjörn, Michael Nord, Jane Mitchell.
- 14:00 – 14:30: MAL strategy with Sandra Cavallo and Claudia Vaccarone.
- 15:00 – 16:45: Workshops. 3 work streams designed to help EMENA Leadership manage chapters more efficiently, differentiate ourselves from the competition and motivate membership. With Karen Hackshaw, Jennifer Olson, Nada Haddad.
- 16:45 – 17:00: Looking forward to EuroComm 2015 with Michael Nord.
- 17:00 – 17:15: Wrap-up with Karen Hackshaw and Klavs Valskov.
- 18:00 onwards: Drinks! For members and non-members.
Places are limited, so please book well in advance.
And don’t forget; our Twitter handle is @iabceme and #EMENALI is the LI hashtag.