- This event has passed.
IABC Leadership Institute 2017 – Dallas
23 February 2017 - 25 February 2017
The Leadership Institute is an opportunity for IABC chapter, regional and international leaders to come together to share best practices and learn how to create programs and services that keep members active and involved. It’s a fantastic opportunity to network with fellow leaders, build strong relationships and learn new skills useful in your IABC position and beyond. LI is held in February of each year.
Haven’t decided yet if you are attending? Here are a few great reasons to join us in Dallas, Texas, 23-25 February:
Be inspired, celebrate your peers and learn best practices from award winning chapters
Each year we kick off LI with the celebration of the annual Chapter Management Awards (CMAs). The CMAs recognize the outstanding efforts of chapters from around the world, along with the Chapter and Region Leaders of the Year. The CMA event is a great opportunity to connect with IABC leaders and to learn more about chapter success strategies.
Build the future of IABC
This year we will be holding a very special World Café session, where IABC leaders will share their ideas for the #IABC1720 strategy. It’s an important and exciting opportunity to help set the course for IABC’s future success.
An unbeatable program
You’ll have an array of opportunities to learn, contribute and connect during LI. This year’s program includes:
- Presentations from IABC leaders that will provide insights into how other chapters are getting results. Topics will include rebuilding chapters, board engagement, financial clarity, chapter management, and more.
- An update from the recently relaunched IABC Foundation and details about the brand new Gift of Communication toolkit. Along with the Foundation, The IABC Dallas chapter will be presenting their very special Heroes program. Learn more about how they developed their volunteer reward program!
- Important updates from the international executive board. Have questions that you’d like for the board to address at LI? Send them ahead of time to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll address them during the Town Hall.
- An inspirational closing keynote presentation from IABC World Conference All-Star presenter Caroline Kealey. Caroline will be presenting on “Communicators as Change Makers,” and will be discussing the opportunities communicators have to be transformative agents of change. This highly interactive season will leave you with new insights and a renewed confidence to lead and make a positive impact.
View the complete program on Leader Centre.
#CreateConnection with leaders from around the world
This year’s host chapter, IABC Dallas, has arranged a number of opportunities for IABC leaders to connect:
- Arriving early? Join IABC Dallas for an afternoon of networking and sightseeing.
- The ever popular Dine Around will be taking place on Friday evening. The Dallas Chapter has reserved tables at a variety of restaurants. Check out the restaurants and reserve your seat at one of the tables today.
- Following the Dine Around, head back to The Sheraton Dallas for the IABC Dallas after-party, sponsored by PartnerComm. The after party is taking place from 8:30 to 10:30 p.m. Register to attend in advance.
Hotel and registration
The Leadership Institute is taking place at The Sheraton Dallas, and today is your last chance to reserve a room at the discounted rate. Go to their website today to book your room to ensure that you receive the group rate of US$179 per night.
Join the conversation by using #IABCLI.
Thank you for your leadership and support for our IABC. We can’t wait to see you in Dallas!