The Communications Manager will work with the Head of Stakeholder Engagement to lead the development, implementation and monitoring of BMT’s internal and external communications strategies and plans. They will take ownership of key communications projects and provide support and guidance on effective communications across the BMT community in support of BMT’s global strategy and brand.
- Lead the development and implementation of BMT’s internal and external communications plans linked to BMT strategy, campaigns and business priorities.
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve internal and external communications in BMT that are consistent with the markets, scale, culture and ambition of BMT
- Lead communications campaigns that deliver key strategic messages
- Investigate and propose suitable metrics for measuring effectiveness of communications
- Work with the marketing team to progress the BMT house style
- Lead the implementation of key communications projects
- Plan and co-ordinate the delivery of external communications with the global marketing and sales community, PR and government relations manager, digital media manager, brand manager, centre and partnership marketing managers
- Plan and co-ordinate internal communications with the communications project co-ordinator, communications champions, partnership comms leads and the centre marketing team.
Management and Leadership
- Provide a source of communications consultancy and expertise to centre staff and senior leaders across BMT
- Support the Head of Stakeholder Engagement as needed and deputise as required
- Delegated authority to approve or reject communications at planning and publication stages recommending improvements where needed
- Act as POC for supporting the activities of communications staff at partnership and operating unit level
Quality and Continuous Improvement
- Develop and implement projects to improve internal and external communications within BMT
- Consistently represent internally and externally the agreed BMT position and leadership decisions on a wide range of issues
- Ensure that communications produced by BMT are effective and to a high professional standard
- Ensure that BMT’s communication procedures are effective, well understood and followed consistently
- Maintain an awareness of best practice in corporate communications and find opportunities to drive improvements in BMT communications performance
Experience and Personal competencies
- Management experience in a corporate communications environment
- Management of multi-stakeholder projects
- Ability to build and maintain a strong network of personal relationships
- Balance working through influence and authority
- Exceptionally high standard of oral and written communication
- Understands communications theory and practice
- Experience of communicating change and transformation
To apply for this job email your details to Debbie.Whitefoot@bmtglobal.com.